When you choose to get a chiropractic adjustment, you are likely to improve some area of your body. Many people think that chiropractic is only for neck and back pain. If you have already worked with us in our office, you know that we work with a lot of cases beyond neck and back pain. Chiropractic adjustments can offer many benefits other than just relief of chronic pain. Here are the top 10 benefits of adding chiropractic into your lifestyle.
- Promotes self healing. The body is designed to function on its own if there is no interference. A chiropractic adjustment removes the interference in the nervous, thus promoting self healing in the body.
- Decreases body stress. When someone is in need of an adjustment, the muscles, tendons, ligaments surrounding a joint become tight. Following an adjustment, the nervous system is functioning closer to 100% and the area surrounding the misaligned joint is more relaxed. As the nervous system functions better, all other systems in the body work better too.
- Increases immune system function. Misaligned bones can create narrow pathways, making it difficult for the nerves to complete their transmissions smoothly. When the body’s communication system is not working correctly, it affects your immune system’s ability to react timely to attacks. When you seek help from a chiropractor, your immune system functions can be kept optimal with a properly aligned body.
- Improves sleep. Did you know that your brainstem controls your breathing and also gets the sleep process going? If you have a spinal misalignment or subluxation in the top of your neck, this can affect your sleep.
- Improves digestion. Nerves in your body are running through the spine that go to your stomach and your digestive system. With chiropractic care, these nerves are stimulated to help the digestive tract function properly.
- Improves athletic performance. Chiropractic care can result in boosted coordination for an athlete. Better body coordination means that athletes can be more agile, which leads to better and higher scores in tournaments and competitions. When an athlete has a properly aligned spine, they decrease their chances of injury.
- Reduces dependence on medications. A chiropractic adjustment helps to remove the interference in the nervous system. This allows the innate intelligence of the body to help your body function the way it was designed to without the use of medications.
- Reduces allergies & asthma. Spinal misalignment can lead to your cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) not draining properly, resulting in intracranial pressure. Also, a misalignment or subluxation at the top of the neck in the brainstem area can result in breathing changes. This is because this area of your central nervous system is tied to your other body systems, including your respiratory and immune system.
- Reduces chronic pain. Neck misalignment can result in pain in the neck, shoulders, arms, hands and upper back. Misalignment in the lower back can result in low back pain, hip or leg pain or even even sciatica. By correcting this misalignment, patients can see an improvement in their overall pain levels.
- Helps with behavioral & learning disabilities. ADD (attention deficit disorder) and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) are not psychological illnesses. They are actually neurological conditions that start in the central nervous system. This means that the key to restoring better functionality for children and adults alike who suffer from these conditions is to help the central nervous system function optimally. Chiropractic adjustments help your central system do this!
What you can do to start living the chiropractic lifestyle.
If you are ready to add chiropractic back into your lifestyle, please call our office today to schedule an appointment. Your central nervous system is wanting to function at 100% and chiropractic can help achieve this!