You have likely already carved your Halloween pumpkin. Hopefully, you didn’t throw out the seeds. Consuming the seeds of the pumpkin can be a great benefit to you. Here are some the great benefits you can experience by consuming your pumpkin seeds.
1. This is the only seed that is alkaline-forming
2. Can reduce levels of LDL cholesterol
3. 100g seeds provide 30g of protein
4. Used traditionally to kill parasites
5. Reduce inflammation for arthritis
6. Prevent kidney stone formation
7. Good for prostate health
8. Promote good sleep
9. Filled with minerals
10. High in zinc
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Clean the pumpkin seeds very well.
3. Cover the pumpkin seeds with water and 1 tsp of salt and bring them to a boil. If you see any particles of pumpkin you may have missed skim them off with a slotted spoon.
4. Reduce heat and cook on medium low for 10 minutes
5. Strain the seeds.
6. Place them in a bowl with a 1-2 tsp. olive oil and some sea salt.
7. Lay the seeds on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper. They will be crispier if you don’t overlap the seeds.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes tossing them every 10 minutes and being careful not to brown them.
9. Test the pumpkin seeds for doneness.
10.They should be dry, crisp and inside the seeds should not be brown, it should be a green color.