There are many health benefits of both apples and sweet potatoes. When you combine these two foods into this delicious side dish, you get double the health benefits!
Benefits of apples & sweet potatoes include:
- Stimulate weight loss
- Balance blood sugar
- Improve your vision
- Strengthen immunity
- Improve fertility in women
- Improve cardiovascular health
Paleo Cinnamon Roasted Apples & Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Serves: 8 Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 2 medium organic sweet potatoes 4 cups, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 medium organic apples about 2 cups, cut into 1” cubes (use your favorite type of apple depending on the desired flavor)
- 3 TBSP coconut oil melted & divided (can substitute with olive or avocado oil too)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup (can substitute with honey for a different flavor)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Grease a large baking pan, set aside.
In a large bowl, toss cubed sweet potatoes with 2 TBSP of melted coconut oil. Stir until coated.
Add sea salt and stir until evenly distributed.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 min, stirring halfway through, until sweet potatoes just barely start to brown.
While the sweet potatoes are baking: stir the remaining 1 TBSP of coconut oil into the apples. Add maple syrup and cinnamon and stir to combined.
After 20 minutes, or the sweet potatoes have begun to brown, remove the sweet potatoes from oven and add the apple mixture and stir to combine.
Return to the oven and bake for 20 more minutes, stirring halfway through.
Once the sweet potatoes and apples are browned and the maple syrup has caramelized on them remove them from the oven and serve immediately!