Ahh, fall. The time of the year where you put on a sweater in the morning and regret it in the afternoon… and then throw it back on in the evening. It’s also the time of year to cozy up with a warm cup of rich, creamy soup that will warm our insides and make us forget about the cold weather soon upon us.
But exactly how good are these rich, creamy soups for our waistline?
That is why today, I am bringing you a copycat of Olive Garden’s Chicken Gnocchi Soup, my personal favorite. This is a lighter, healthier, dairy-free version that is still creamy and flavorful, and better for your waistline!
*Note: This recipe serves 6
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked
- 1 cup fresh, organic spinach
- 1 cup finely cut organic carrots
- 3 organic celery stalks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 1/2 cups all organic chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 lb. potato gnocchi
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups dairy-free half and half
- In a large pot, melt butter and olive oil together.
- Add your carrots, celery, and garlic and cook until onions become translucent.
- Whisk in flour and let cook for a minute; slowly stir in chicken broth and simmer until it starts to thicken.
- In a separate pan, cook Gnocchi according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add dairy-free half and half to your veggie and chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in your seasonings.
- Once at a boil, reduce heat and add your gnocchi, spinach, and chicken, simmering until heated through and thickened.
- Enjoy! :)