2-3lb beef roast
5 medium carrots
4 medium potatoes
1 medium white onion
4-5 stocks of celery
¼ to ½ head of green cabbage
32 oz Organic beef broth
12 oz Guinness dark stout beer
2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
2 Bay Leaves
2 Tbsp Molasses
2 Tbsp Honey
- Mix all dry ingredients/spices. Season to your preference with spices. (You can substitute molasses & honey with ½ cup brown sugar)
- Next, rinse the beef roast and pat dry. Coat all sides of the roast with the spice blend.
- Place beef roast in a crockpot, pour in beef broth, Guinness, apple cider vinegar, and bay leaves.
- Set on low heat for 6 hours.
- After the meat is cooking, coarsely chop the carrots, potatoes, celery, onion, and cabbage. Place in a large bowl in the fridge.
- After 6 hours, remove the bay leaves and add the chopped vegetables. Cook on low heat for an additional 2 hours.
- After 8 total hours of cooking the roast can be removed to cut or be pulled into chunks.
- Vegetables should be tender when poked with a fork.
*Try to use organic ingredients whenever possible