Oh my goodness, a healthier Alfredo option that is vegan (if you choose)! This recipe still offers a good amount of healthy fats but fewer calories. Go ahead and give it a try on your favorite pasta or any gluten free or spiral veggie noodles.
12 oz. Cauliflower florets
1 tsp. coconut oil, or butter
1 C. Water
2 Cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt, more or less to taste.
Pinch of black pepper, more or less to taste.
- Saute the minced garlic in the oil or butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook for a few minutes, until the garlic is tender and fragrant, but not browned.
- Add the 1 C. of water to the saucepan, along with the cauliflower then bring to a boil. (The water will not cover the cauliflower and that’s okay.)
- Once the water is boiling reduce the heat to a simmer and cover the pot for 8-10 minutes, until the cauliflower is fork-tender.
- Transfer the entire contents of the saucepan into a blender or food processor, and season with salt and pepper. Process until very smooth and creamy, with a texture similar to traditional cream sauces.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired, and serve hot.