This delicious, fresh citrus grilled shrimp with zucchini noodles makes the perfect, healthy, lunch or dinner! It is great served either warm or cold, topped with a cilantro, lime, and orange vinaigrette!
Gluten free, Paleo, and Whole 30.
- 1.5 tsp. lime zest
- 1.5 tsp. orange zest
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. cilantro
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1.5 tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
For the shrimp and zucchini noodles:
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3-4 medium sized zucchini, spiralized
- extra cilantro to garnish
- To create the vinaigrette, whisk ingredients together in a bowl, except for olive oil, then slowly add the olive oil in while whisking.
- Pour the dressing into a container, and reserve 3 Tbsp of the dressing to marinate the shrimp. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour. The rest of the dressing should be covered and refrigerated until ready to use.
- Spiralize your zucchini and “sweat” them by placing in a strainer over a bowl, and sprinkling with sea salt. This will release much of the water over the course of an hour, after which you can drain them and squeeze out excess water with paper towels. The zucchini can sweat while the shrimp marinates.
- Once ready to grill, turn the grill on high. Shake off excess marinade from the shrimp and discard, only leaving a light coating of marinade on the shrimp. Season shrimp with a bit of sea salt and pepper, then put them on the grill.
- Grill shrimp on each side until just done – don’t overcook. Remove from grill and allow them to cool a bit before serving with zucchini noodles and desired amount of extra vinaigrette.
- Enjoy! :)