Apple Oat Muffins
- 2 cups Rolled Oats or Quick Oats (use 1 ½ cups oat flour if you do not wish to blend oats)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted & cooled
- 1 cup almond milk (substitute milk of your choice)
- 2 large apples (diced or grated)
- Preheat oven to 350* F and prepare greased or lined muffin tin
- In a blender, pulse oats until they are flour-like consistency. Add in baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Pulse to combine (if you are using oat flour, blend all dry ingredients by hand in a large mixing bowl)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, melted coconut oil, and milk.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients in a blender or mix in a bowl. Fold in apple *Do not blend the apples!
- Pour batter into greased/lined muffin tin, filling ¾ the way
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.