- Gluten free non-stick cooking spray
- 3 cups blanched almond flour plus more for preparing the pan
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup dried/unsweetened apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard muffin tin with cooking spray and sprinkle a little almond flour into each cup. Shake the pan to coat the cups with almond flour, tap out any excess.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, vanilla, and applesauce. Stir the applesauce mixture into the flour mixture. Fold in the apricots. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle the almond slices on top of the muffins.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the muffins are browned. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes.